2021/2022: The 32nd board of ESN Twente
Get ready for the experience of a lifetime
Do you want to…
- be in the board of a local section of the biggest international student network in Europe?
- meet students from all over the world?
- work with many different associations and companies in Enschede and build a big personal network?
- be part of workshops, national platforms and conferences with ESN boards from all over the Netherlands?
- work with a big committee of enthusiastic students?
- learn and improve various skills, like event management, time-management, budgeting, communication and more?
Then a board position at ESN Twente is what you are looking for!
What is ESN?
ESN Twente is part of the Erasmus Student Network, the biggest international non-profit student organization with 530 sections in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1990, ESN Twente is one of the oldest local sections in the Netherlands and Europe.
We believe in the motto United in Diversity and continuously strive to provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development by bringing national and international students in the Twente region together, as well as by facilitating the social and personal integration of students. This happens through social and cultural events, e.g. international dinners, parties, movie nights, sports events, city trips or collaboration events with other associations or organizations in Enschede. Per semester, ESN Twente is looking at 100-200 members.
There are 6 positions:
1. President: The president is the local representative of ESN Twente within the national and international ESN network, which means close contact with the other ESN boards out there.
2. Treasurer: The treasurer is looking after the financial aspects of ESN Twente. This means budgeting events or managing transactions for example.
3. Activity Coordinator: The tasks of the activity coordinator involve brainstorming, planning, executing and reviewing all the amazing ESN activities that happen throughout the year.
4. External Affairs Coordinator: The external affairs coordinator is actively trying to extend the ESN network, by looking for potential partnerships, sponsors and collaborations with organizations and associations in Enschede, and by communicating with all external stakeholders.
5. PR & Marketing Coordinator: The PR & marketing coordinator’s tasks involve the creation of promotional material (e.g. posters, flyers, videos etc.) and managing the ESN Twente communication channels, which include social media (Facebook & Instagram) and the website.
6. Secretary: The secretary is responsible for the internal communication within the ESN Twente board. He or she manages the general email account of the section, takes meeting minutes and ensures that tasks are completed in time. Furthermore, the task of creating the bi-weekly newsletter is part of this position.
Both Dutch and international students can become board members at ESN Twente. Within the board and the entire network, English is the language of communication.
It is completely up to yourself whether you want to take a year off from your studies for the board year or if you want to continue with your studies. The 18/19 board members were all doing full-time study programmes while being in the board.
If you are interested in joining the 19/20 board (even if you don’t know which position yet), send an email with your CV and a motivation letter (1 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org